- Registered Bear or Webelos of Catholic faith
- The Cub should have completed second grade before starting this emblem
- The Scout must complete the requirements before completing 5th grade or entering Boy Scouts
The purpose of the Parvuli Dei (Children of God) emblem is to help young boys explore a wide
range of activities in order to discover the presence of God in their daily lives as members of their families
and parishes, and also to develop a good, positive self-image through the contributions they can make to the
group or community. The Parvuli Dei is designed for the Cub and his parent or guardian to work together.
As the Cub completes each requirement he and his parents must sign off the activity in the workbook.
How to Earn the Emblem
- Get a workbook. Workbooks are available from your local BSA Service Center Scout Shop (map to store for: Denver Area Council | Long's Peak Council) or online at ScoutStuff.org. You should also contact your parish priest or youth minister to find out if your church has a supply of workbooks.
- Complete the workbook. The book is designed for the Cub to work together with his parent or guardian as a family.
- Complete the form in the back of the workbook. You will need signatures from your Pack (Cubmaster/Emblems Coordinator) and from your Parish Priest.
- Turn in the form. If you can hand-deliver the form and payment of $16 to the Committee's contact for your Council (Denver Area | Long's Peak), you can get your medal and parent pin immediately. If you would prefer, you can fill out the order form and follow the directions on the form to mail it to the Committee contact for your Council . Your medal and parent pin will be mailed back.
- Have the emblem awarded. This is usually done by your Parish Priest. Some parishes award all the emblems at a special Scout Sunday Mass, some award them right away. Contact your parish to find out!
- Get your knot / Webelos pin. If you don't already have your knot, you can also purchase a Religious Emblem knot at the Scout Shop or online at ScoutStuff.org. The Parvuli Dei emblem is the Catholic religious emblem for Webelos, so you can also get the Webelos religious emblem device to put on your knot
at the Scout Shop or online at ScoutStuff.org.
- Come to the Recognition Mass! If you get your form in by March 1st, you will be included in that year's Recognition Mass (usually in May). After March 1st, you will be included in next year's Mass. See theCommittee Calendar for details of the Recognition Mass.
How to Wear the Emblem
The Emblem should only be worn on Class A uniforms. The knot is always worn; the emblem is worn for more formal occasions (e.g.: Pack meetings).